PDF software is a handy tool for any business. It allows you to create, edit and manage documents in a way that’s both efficient and customizable. These document editors also enable you to combine multiple documents into one, making it easier for your employees or customers to access them.
When installing a PDF editor in your firm, you should first assess whether the tool meets your needs. The file editors should be simple to use and navigate to save your organization money by eliminating the need to pay an expert to teach your employees.
Everyone in your team needs to use these PDF tools effortlessly. As a result, any PDF editing software provider should have highly secure protocols to ensure that no one else views these documents without the owner’s consent.
PDF software should provide password security or encryption options so unauthorized users cannot edit files. Password security or encryption ensures your files are always secure.
In this article, we examine the many types, purposes, and costs associated with installing PDF programs.
Various PDF Software
Integrating a file editor into your business can be complicated. Therefore, you need to scrutinize the various versions in the market before selecting the most appropriate one for your needs.
Here is a list of PDF software that can assist your business in customizing documents.
- Foxit Reader – A free, intuitive, and easy-to-use PDF text editor. It also lets you modify files prepared by other programs like Microsoft Word or Excel.
- Adobe Acrobat DC – An online document management application that allows users to create documents in an editable format. You can also sign, add comments, and share them.
- Lumin PDF – This is another free application that provides basic functionality such as highlight and annotate PDFs. It also has a merge option for processing large files at once and a search feature that allows you to look for a particular file using keywords or specific text strings.
- Google Drive – Has built-in support for PDF to word converter, allowing users to type a document and convert it to portable files before sharing.
Determining the Purpose for Using PDF Software
Document editors help your firm create, convert, save, and share information. However, adopting PDF applications within a business can be difficult.
These editors are extremely beneficial to your company because:
- Employees are more productive since they can readily share files, which saves a lot of resources.
- Lower operation costs because multiple users can cooperate and work on a file digitally.
- All of your documents are easily accessible because you can download, share, and save them as portable documents online.
To help you enjoy the above benefits and make the adoption easier, determine why you want to use the document converter before beginning the implementation process. Make sure you answer the following questions:
- What will you do with the document editor?
- What are the essential features?
- What kind of software do you require?
- Is this a one-time transaction, or will you make multiple purchases in the future?
After considering why you need a file converter, you can determine whether the software to edit PDF documents will be compatible with all of your systems. You don’t want a tool that works well on one platform but fails on another. You also do not need to spend money on a paid application that will not serve you in the future, so keep your long-term objectives in mind aways.
The document editing software you use should be simple to integrate with your existing tools, such as Microsoft Office or Google Docs. It will make it easy for employees to view files remotely.
The next item to consider is how much time and money you want to commit to implementation. Several editing software solutions are available, including free ones like Lumin PDF and Google Docs and premium ones like Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Finally, inquire whether the software provider will give excellent customer support if something goes wrong or users require assistance while using the document editor.
Cost for PDF Software Implementation
Once you determine the purpose of your file editor, it’s time to look at prices.
The number of users in your organization is determined by the costs of deploying an application to edit PDF online. For example, if you have a small team that wants to modify and share documents with coworkers and clients, you may only need one license.
However, you may require an upgraded plan that lets users share one license if you have multiple teams with individuals who want constant access to documents, such as marketing staff, graphic designers, and web developers.
The implementation price will vary depending on your current situation and the resources at your disposal. If you want to adopt a new software solution, you will have to pay some upfront expenses for licensing or subscriptions and any hardware that may be required.
Consider the costs of training employees on using the product, which is crucial for any implementation strategy. Furthermore, some additional features may influence which document editor plan you choose during implementation. Here are a few examples:
- Use redaction to share sensitive documents. A redacted document example is a financial statement whose details have been removed or blacked out.
- Incorporate the application into your website so that your visitors can view and edit PDF documents or download them directly from your website.
- Integrate the software into your email system so that all of your employees can access the documents they need and save email as PDFs without waiting until they return to work.
After implementation, organizations incur additional expenses during their first year of using the program. Supporting costs include maintenance, such as support contracts or network licensing, and many businesses choose to contract support staff for continuous support services. It helps guarantee that they get the most out of their investment in the new system.
Some file editors like Lumin PDF and Google Drive may not require support because the software is user-friendly while creating, modifying, and sharing a PDF is straightforward.
There are various ways to use PDF software to increase productivity and efficiency in your business. The document editor should be compatible with your existing system and future systems. You should also decide whether you want a customizable interface or one that works on a specific platform. A document editor should be easy to use, compatible with your other tools, and reasonably priced.