The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) has specified the NDA eligibility criteria for male and female candidates to enrol in the exam. Candidates are eligible only after passing Class 12. The eligibility criteria for NDA include nationality, educational qualification, age limit, and physical standards. Direct contact with your client is also possible even for online exam takers, as well as sending business proposals for collaboration to other companies.
Candidates need to fulfil these criteria first before applying for the NDA exam. Previously, only unmarried male aspirants were allowed to take the exam. Female aspirants were not permitted to appear for the NDA exam. However, with an interim order issued by the Supreme Court on 18 August 2021, the girls can apply for NDA.
This article provides the necessary information about the NDA’s eligibility criteria for women.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022: Age limits, Gender, and Marital status
The eligibility for NDA exam include the fulfilment of the age limit education and marital status. You can visit BYJU’S Exam Prep to know more about it.
Age Limit for NDA 1 & NDA 2
The age limit for the NDA exam is from 16.5 years to 19.5 years for both male and female candidates.
Qualification for NDA Exam
NDA aspirants who want to apply for the Indian Army must complete the board examination of Classes 10 and 12 from a well-known university or board. Mathematics and physics are mandatory subjects.
|Army Wing||Passing certificate in Class 10+2 exam from a university or well-known board.|
|Air Force & Naval Wings||NDA aspirants should have cleared their 10+2 or equivalent from the State Education Board or university with mathematics or physics.|
|10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme||NDA aspirants should have cleared their 10+2 or equivalent from the State Education Board or university with mathematics or physics.|
Physical fitness & medical standards
It is mandatory for NDA aspirants to meet the different requirements related to physical fitness before they submit their NDA application forms. The physical fitness criteria vary with the post you are applying for. If the candidate has withdrawn or resigned from the training academics, they will be eligible for the next NDA exam in 2022.
NDA undesirable health issues
The candidate must not contain any of these minor conditions at the time of the NDA medical exam:
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Condition of Overweight/Underweight
- Undersized Chest
The general principles and methods of the medical analysis of female NDA aspirants are the same as for the male aspirants. However, there are a few unique points for the medical test of female aspirants, such as:
- A thorough examination of the gynecological, menstrual, and obstetric history, asked in the form of questions.
- A detailed physical examination will be conducted by a female gynecologist or a female Medical Officer.
The medical inspections must involve the following tests:
- Hernial orifices
- External genitalia
- Test of genital prolapsed outside introitus or stress urinary incontinence
- Test of galactorrhoea or lump breast
Vaginal or speculum tests will not be carried out for unmarried female cadets. However, the ultrasound scan of the pelvis and abdomen is compulsory in the medical test of women cadets.
Here are the medical conditions that are unfit for NDA selection:
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Primary or secondary amenorrhoea
- Severe menorrhagia/ severe dysmenorrhea
- Congenital elongation of cervix
- Simple ovarian cyst more than 6 cm
- Complex ovarian cyst of any size
- Submucous fibroid of any size
- Endometriosis and adenomyosis
- Single fibroid uterus more than 3 cm in diameter
- Broad ligament or cervical fibroid of any size
- Acute or chronic pelvic infection
- Disorders of sexual differentiation
- Congenital uterine anomalies except for the arcuate uterus
Other tests that the gynaecologist will conduct include:
- Minimal fluid in the pouch of Douglas
- Unilocular clear ovarian cyst up to 6 c
You can visit BYJU’S Exam Prep to prepare for NDA exam through online course, test series, and other preparation materials.