Walking into an expo stadium or onto a trade show floor can be an intimidating experience. The bright lights, the hundreds of people bustling around, and the bold displays at trade shows can be a lot to take in. The loud hum of a million different conversations can leave you at loss of knowing what to do in such a big situation. When you are there looking for products and relationships for your own company, there are few general vendor questions that can help you feel more comfortable and confident in your trade show experience. These questions can help you feel confident in talking to the vendors. It will also help you to narrow down what you are looking for and it will help you to see if those vendors and products will be worth it.
One of the main priorities for attending these trade shows is to see if any of the vendors have a product or service that would be a good fit for you and your company. In order to gain this understanding, there are some questions you can ask the vendors to get a good idea of what their product is and if it could potentially work well for you.
- What is the product you are displaying, and what other products do you offer?
- This all-inclusive question can help you to get the brief rundown of what they are offering. After this overview, the follow-up questions of inquiring about any of their other products can help you to know the vastness of their company. There is a chance that they can offer other products or services that may benefit you and be of more use to you than just one product.
- How long has your company been in business?
- Having an understanding of how long someone has been in business is a good indication of how pertinent their products are and have been. The more experience they have, the more likely it is that they have been able to perfect their products through consumer feedback and have a stronger customer service base.
- What is your support phone number and support hours?
- If you were to invest in these products, you will want to know if there will be customer service representatives available to help you if issues should ever arise. Make sure to write down the support number and jot down their hours so you know when you will be able to receive help.
- What is the structure for the pricing on your products?
- While they may not have the exact pricing on each of their products, you will want to go with a company that will be honest and real with their descriptions and their prices. Their answers can also help you to know the kind of company you will be dealing with if you choose to go into business with them.
If you are taking the time to attend a trade show, you will want to go in knowing that your efforts will be worth it. You are going to want to get the most out of it as you can and come out with some solid information. Take a look at their trade show displays and see if their products and services will be worth your time with some well-prepared questions. This whole process is for you to gain a better understanding of these products to see if they will be a good fit for you and your company. In order to do this effectively, you will need to be well-equipped with questions that will help you in your cause. These questions will help you find out what you need to know in an effective way to help you get everything that you want out of your trade show experience.